Involve key stakeholders
Ensure you involve your key stakeholders
These will include:
- Those affected by or interested in the issue;
- Decision-makers - those in government departments and agencies that have the power to make decisions;
- Allies – other groups or communities who share your concerns and would be willing to work with you on the issue;
- ‘Experts’ – those holding the information or technical expertise you need to develop your case;
- Remember to include the unusual voices – that is, those who are most affected by the issue but have least influence. Ensure your approach, the venue you use and materials you produce are accessible to all members of your community. Avoid or, where necessary, explain terms and jargon used.